Start8, a popular $5 start button and start menu adder for Windows 8, has been updated from version 1.16 to version 1.20. With it comes early support for Windows 8.1. If you’re using Start8, you can download the update from here, with the changelog being available below.
Start8 1.20 Changelog
- Updated for Windows 8.1 Preview build compatibility
- Start8 allows customizing the Start button image AND provides a desktop Start menu
- Added new prompt on first run to select a default button image. Upgrade installs will not see this prompt.
- When running on Windows 8.1 Preview, respect the OS configuration for “boot to desktop”
- When used with Stardock WindowBlinds, you can also override the Start button in use with the WB setting for “always use the OS” button
- Options for showing the Windows 8.1 Start screen in other than full-screen mode are disabled in this version of Start8
Feel free to follow Brian and Gadget Unit on Twitter.