Users of Start8, a $5 program for Windows 8 that brings back the classic start menu, will be happy to know that version 1.11 is now available. It brings a number of fixes and improvements as you’ll find below.
Start8 1.11 Changelog
- Added Start8tweak.exe advanced configuration for extra options including enabling / disabling Start8 on a per account basis.
- Added email category to search results.
- Added support for Modern UI app closing to return to the desktop rather than the Windows 8 menu on advanced settings.
- Added native support for the DisplayFusion secondary taskbar.
- Added support for BMP files as start button. RGB (255,0,255) is permitted for transparency.
- Added registry entry to control if hidden items should be included in the All programs list.
- Added registry entry to control if the user picture should have a border or not in the default theme.
- Added registry entry to control if the tree has a horizontal scroll bar.
- Added support for Search the Internet button on search results via registry key.
- Documents, Pictures, Music, Computer and Recorded TV places will use the name set in explorer for them if the user has renamed them.
- Shutdown button menu will have an item selected when accessed via the keyboard.
- Adjusted start menu sizing to prevent bottom item on the places list from being slightly clipped in certain circumstances.
- Modified shutdown menu to prevent surplus separator line showing when the machine doesn’t support sleep or hibernate.
- Right to left language versions of Windows now show the user picture.
- Right to left language versions of Windows now have icons rendered the correct direction.
- Tweaked to prevent .lnk text showing in tree on occasion.
- Tweaked code to better handle closing a docked Modern UI application when at the desktop when the charms bar is set to disabled.
- Fixed an issue with right click on the places list
- Jumplists close when you pin / unpin something / delete it