Just two days after the release of the evasi0n iOS 6.0-6.1 jailbreak comes the first iOS 6.1.1 beta for developers. The build number is 10B311, and according to @ih8sn0w, this build doesn’t even come with an expiration date, leaving many to wonder if it really is a beta, or what Apple will be publicly posting later this week. Regardless, you’ll find the release notes inside, but here’s a spoiler: it’s incredibly short. Also, if you’re new to jailbreaking, the number one rule is that you should never update to a newer version of iOS when it’s released, especially if it’s a beta.
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
- Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
Feel free to follow Brian and Gadget Unit on Twitter.
Source: Apple Developer Center