With smartphone freedom still being quite restrictive, even on “open” platforms such as Android, SIM-locked phones don’t seem to be going anywhere. Fortunately, for Galaxy S4 owners, a free and fast SIM unlocking method is now available. Hurry, just in case Samsung and/or your carrier patches this find.
- Launch the Phone app and head towards the dialer. Dial: *#0011#
- Hit the menu button, then the Back button. Hit the Menu button again, and select KEY INPUT. Hit 1 and press OK to enter ServiceMode.
- Hit Menu again, and then Back. Tap  UMTS.
- Select DEBUG SCREEN, and then  PHONE CONTROL.
- Select  NETWORK LOCK.
- Select  PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- You’ll need to go back to the main menu by hitting the Menu button, and then the Back key. While at the main menu, select  NV REBUILD.
- Your Galaxy S4 should let you know that a Golden Backup is available, so select  Restore Back-up.
After various freezes and reboots, your Galaxy S4 will eventually bootup back to normal, but with a permanent, SIM unlock.
Feel free to follow Brian and Gadget Unit on Twitter.
Source: Redmond Pie